Course factors
10/20/2018 8:56:27 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
There used to be a course factor on Milesplit I think it was kind of hidden but I can seem to find it this year. Anyone know were they went?
There used to be a course factor on Milesplit I think it was kind of hidden but I can seem to find it this year. Anyone know were they went?
10/24/2018 11:56:23 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I do believe the general rule of thumb for athletes, parents and coaches alike is that whichever course they were on that day was harder, hotter, hillier, windier, longer and muddier than any other course that any other person could have possibly run on that given day at that given time. Not sure if that helps. :)
I do believe the general rule of thumb for athletes, parents and coaches alike is that whichever course they were on that day was harder, hotter, hillier, windier, longer and muddier than any other course that any other person could have possibly run on that given day at that given time. Not sure if that helps. :)
10/26/2018 7:18:57 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Wrigs77]I do believe the general rule of thumb for athletes, parents and coaches alike is that whichever course they were on that day was harder, hotter, hillier, windier, longer and muddier than any other course that any other person could have possibly run on that given day at that given time. Not sure if that helps. :)[/quote] Absolutely correct.
Wrigs77 wrote:

Absolutely correct.
10/26/2018 7:20:51 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=cropman]There used to be a course factor on Milesplit I think it was kind of hidden but I can seem to find it this year. Anyone know were they went?[/quote] Good question. That was a speed rating. I’ll need to double check but I believe those were being done by the national site. I’ll check.
cropman wrote:

Good question. That was a speed rating. I'll need to double check but I believe those were being done by the national site. I'll check.
10/27/2018 7:27:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Wrigs77]I do believe the general rule of thumb for athletes, parents and coaches alike is that whichever course they were on that day was harder, hotter, hillier, windier, longer and muddier than any other course that any other person could have possibly run on that given day at that given time. Not sure if that helps. :)[/quote] Unless they were in Ottawa. Then everyone should stand down.
Wrigs77 wrote:

Unless they were in Ottawa. Then everyone should stand down.
10/31/2018 10:02:23 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks guys. Yes if you search for course factors in Kansas Cross Country you will find a list of venues then if you check many of them out you find a factor. Not sure how they arrived at these. But I found what I was looking for.
Thanks guys. Yes if you search for course factors in Kansas Cross Country you will find a list of venues then if you check many of them out you find a factor. Not sure how they arrived at these. But I found what I was looking for.
11/01/2018 1:23:38 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=VikingWiens][quote=Wrigs77]I do believe the general rule of thumb for athletes, parents and coaches alike is that whichever course they were on that day was harder, hotter, hillier, windier, longer and muddier than any other course that any other person could have possibly run on that given day at that given time. Not sure if that helps. :)[/quote] Unless they were in Ottawa. Then everyone should stand down.[/quote] Oh come on, Ottawa isn't that bad. I love the course.
VikingWiens wrote:
Wrigs77 wrote:

Unless they were in Ottawa. Then everyone should stand down.

Oh come on, Ottawa isn't that bad. I love the course.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.