Kansas Relays 2016
04/12/2016 7:09:51 PM
User
Question : where can I find the Kansas Relays meet records?
Question : where can I find the Kansas Relays meet records?
04/13/2016 9:52:50 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Here the link to the 2014 program from the KU Relays website: http://www.kuathletics.com/documents/2014/4/21/FULL_pdf.pdf It has all the records in there except any that would have been broken in 2014 and 2015. One would think that a meet of this caliber would have an updated and accessible records link.
Here the link to the 2014 program from the KU Relays website: http://www.kuathletics.com/documents/2014/4/21/FULL_pdf.pdf

It has all the records in there except any that would have been broken in 2014 and 2015. One would think that a meet of this caliber would have an updated and accessible records link.
04/13/2016 2:14:59 PM
User
Well if the records are online anywhere they certainly are well-hidden! Thank you!
Well if the records are online anywhere they certainly are well-hidden! Thank you!
04/19/2016 3:08:37 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Is it just me or are the local entries at KU down this year? Scrolled through the entries list and was surprised at who's not there. Is it just me or are entries actually down and if so, why?
Is it just me or are the local entries at KU down this year? Scrolled through the entries list and was surprised at who's not there. Is it just me or are entries actually down and if so, why?
04/19/2016 10:10:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I think for many people the cost is definitely an issue. All of our regular meets this season have an average entry fee of $150 to bring the boys and girls varsity. At ku, if you bring 15 or more boys and 15 or more girls it costs $600. I enjoy the ku relays but that's pretty steep. So that could be an issue. But that has been the price for as long as I can remember so that's not really a new problem.
I think for many people the cost is definitely an issue. All of our regular meets this season have an average entry fee of $150 to bring the boys and girls varsity. At ku, if you bring 15 or more boys and 15 or more girls it costs $600. I enjoy the ku relays but that's pretty steep. So that could be an issue. But that has been the price for as long as I can remember so that's not really a new problem.
04/20/2016 3:06:14 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Wrigs77 I knew it was more expensive, but didn't realize it was THAT much more expensive. But like you said, that's nothing new. On the other hand, a lot of schools - even 5A & 6A schools - often don't have 15 boys or girls that I would consider KU Relays caliber, so I would think many could enter several good kids and still have a manageable entry fee. I was just surprised because there were a number of kids from different schools about whom I'd thought "man, can't wait to see what they do with increased competition at KU." Then...nothing. Essentially none of them are competing. Is it possible KU has lost some of it's local luster since moving it out of the stadium? KU Relays, SM North Relays and State were always the Big Three meets, but it looks to me like a lot of local kids are just taking a pass on it (or their coaches are).
@Wrigs77 I knew it was more expensive, but didn't realize it was THAT much more expensive. But like you said, that's nothing new. On the other hand, a lot of schools - even 5A & 6A schools - often don't have 15 boys or girls that I would consider KU Relays caliber, so I would think many could enter several good kids and still have a manageable entry fee.

I was just surprised because there were a number of kids from different schools about whom I'd thought "man, can't wait to see what they do with increased competition at KU." Then...nothing. Essentially none of them are competing. Is it possible KU has lost some of it's local luster since moving it out of the stadium? KU Relays, SM North Relays and State were always the Big Three meets, but it looks to me like a lot of local kids are just taking a pass on it (or their coaches are).
04/20/2016 3:28:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
It actually might be the opposite.... Due to increased participation regionally, it is possible that fewer locals are being accepted due to the tougher cut-offs. Embarrassingly, I placed 3rd in the 3200 my senior with a time that wouldn't have gotten in the last 2 years. Some of the events have gotten extremely tough! There was a girl from Missouri who entered the disc, but didn't get in with a throw of 121'11". That is a pretty solid throw!
It actually might be the opposite....

Due to increased participation regionally, it is possible that fewer locals are being accepted due to the tougher cut-offs. Embarrassingly, I placed 3rd in the 3200 my senior with a time that wouldn't have gotten in the last 2 years.

Some of the events have gotten extremely tough! There was a girl from Missouri who entered the disc, but didn't get in with a throw of 121'11". That is a pretty solid throw!
04/20/2016 4:41:39 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift That's an interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. I'll go back and look at who got in. Of course, who knows what seed times were used to get people in. I ran 4:28 as a junior and didn't get in. I was pissed because a number of guys who I'd beaten regularly and had slower PRs did get in. My coach said, "I'm really sorry, man, because you deserve to be in. I guess I just didn't lie enough for you and that's my fault."
@CoachSwift That's an interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. I'll go back and look at who got in. Of course, who knows what seed times were used to get people in. I ran 4:28 as a junior and didn't get in. I was pissed because a number of guys who I'd beaten regularly and had slower PRs did get in. My coach said, "I'm really sorry, man, because you deserve to be in. I guess I just didn't lie enough for you and that's my fault."

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.