Article Comment: KU Relays Girls 1600 Preview

This post is in reference to article:

Milesplit previews this weekends Golden Stripes Girls 1600.  The winner claims their spot in the Jim Ryun Dream Mile.  
  • User
    run_jc
    That race was even more than advertised. FIVE runners breaking the meet record? Amazing!

Seeing Alli Cash, a junior, run a 4:50.71 in her fourth race of the weekend, followed by two freshmen, Rebekah Topham and Hannah Long, both finishing under 4:54 should provide a sense of anticipation to distance race fans in Kansas and Missouri.

Heather Bates figures to be back in the Relays next year and Alaina Schroeder is just a sophomore so next year's girls 1600M promises to be one for the ages.

Please tell me there'll be live streaming of races again next year!
  • Alan Shields
    Coach
    Big_Al_2112
    run_jc
    That race was even more than advertised. FIVE runners breaking the meet record? Amazing!

Seeing Alli Cash, a junior, run a 4:50.71 in her fourth race of the weekend, followed by two freshmen, Rebekah Topham and Hannah Long, both finishing under 4:54 should provide a sense of anticipation to distance race fans in Kansas and Missouri.

Heather Bates figures to be back in the Relays next year and Alaina Schroeder is just a sophomore so next year's girls 1600M promises to be one for the ages.

Please tell me there'll be live streaming of races again next year!

@run_jc

Alli Cash was the only runner to run under the meet record. The meet record was 4:51.42 set by Emily Sisson in 2008. In fact Alli was the only girl to run faster than Colleen Quigley's winning time from last year.
  • Alan Shields
    Coach
    Big_Al_2112
    run_jc
    That's interesting to note.

In the heat sheets (grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/kan/sports/c-relay/au....) page 28 it lists the meet record as:

KU Relays: 4:58.04 2004 Elizabeth Lange

Even with only one breaking the meet record it was still an excellent race to watch, especially with the young and extremely talented runners at the top.

@run_jc

Yes, the heat sheets and the results have not had their records updated for several years. It's pretty sad really. Several coaches even contacted KU to make sure they wouldn't make the same mistakes again this year. I guess KU didn't care about getting it fixed.