Olathe Twilight
09/09/2017 11:14:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I would love to hear thoughts on the Olathe Twilight meet. I was in St. Louis with a number of our kids but the rest of our squad ran at the twilight meet. Obviously I'll get feedback from those kids and coaches but I'd love to hear what others thought. I love the concept of a night meet under the lights and have to decide what we want to do with our schedule next year. I love going to Forest Park, mainly because of the competition and atmosphere, but if we've got something special cooking here in KC that could be a game changer. If you were at the meet, please share your thoughts!
I would love to hear thoughts on the Olathe Twilight meet. I was in St. Louis with a number of our kids but the rest of our squad ran at the twilight meet. Obviously I'll get feedback from those kids and coaches but I'd love to hear what others thought. I love the concept of a night meet under the lights and have to decide what we want to do with our schedule next year. I love going to Forest Park, mainly because of the competition and atmosphere, but if we've got something special cooking here in KC that could be a game changer. If you were at the meet, please share your thoughts!
09/10/2017 12:15:12 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Wrigs77 HOLY COW! To put it simply, that was something special! He nailed the experience, I can tell you that my kids were excited & hyped especially as the sun started to go down and they broke out the glow sticks & glow-in-the-dark paint. BIG THANK YOU to Levi Huseman & Olathe North for taking a risk with a new course at a new time that no one else in the metro is doing and hitting it out of the park. The vibe in the stadium especially during the finish was like nothing I've ever experienced. Not to mention we found Kansas City's "Southern Stampede" like course with those times. Give fast kids a chance to run fast and that's what happens!
@Wrigs77
HOLY COW! To put it simply, that was something special! He nailed the experience, I can tell you that my kids were excited & hyped especially as the sun started to go down and they broke out the glow sticks & glow-in-the-dark paint. BIG THANK YOU to Levi Huseman & Olathe North for taking a risk with a new course at a new time that no one else in the metro is doing and hitting it out of the park. The vibe in the stadium especially during the finish was like nothing I've ever experienced. Not to mention we found Kansas City's "Southern Stampede" like course with those times. Give fast kids a chance to run fast and that's what happens!
09/15/2017 9:44:33 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I thought Levi and his crew did an outstanding job, especially by trying something outside the box. My kids enjoyed it, although I took a limited number of kids. I am torn as to whether I want to add this meet to our schedule as the primary meet or continue with what we have been doing. So I have some thinking to do in the next few months as we decide the 2018 schedule. What a great atmosphere and I wish continued success for this meet!
I thought Levi and his crew did an outstanding job, especially by trying something outside the box. My kids enjoyed it, although I took a limited number of kids. I am torn as to whether I want to add this meet to our schedule as the primary meet or continue with what we have been doing. So I have some thinking to do in the next few months as we decide the 2018 schedule. What a great atmosphere and I wish continued success for this meet!
09/09/2018 11:36:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Hey! Remember, last year, when Olathe North put on a great Twilight meet... because they did it again! It has quickly turned into one of the best meets in Kansas after only two year. Great Job Levi!
Hey! Remember, last year, when Olathe North put on a great Twilight meet... because they did it again! It has quickly turned into one of the best meets in Kansas after only two year. Great Job Levi!
09/10/2018 3:56:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Having gone to Forest Park for the last four years, I did not know if that atmosphere could be topped because it really is cool out there in St. Louis. However, the Olathe Twilight delivered and then some! I can see why these night meets are gaining such popularity across the country. Our kids had a blast and were fired up and all dialed in to the races all night long. I simply can't say enough to adequately describe how cool this meet was. I loved that Maize South came up from Wichita, that was really cool. I got to chat with a few of their guys briefly after their race and they were very good dudes. Good luck to you guys this season if you are reading this! We'll be coming back the Olathe Twilight meet every year!
Having gone to Forest Park for the last four years, I did not know if that atmosphere could be topped because it really is cool out there in St. Louis. However, the Olathe Twilight delivered and then some! I can see why these night meets are gaining such popularity across the country. Our kids had a blast and were fired up and all dialed in to the races all night long. I simply can't say enough to adequately describe how cool this meet was. I loved that Maize South came up from Wichita, that was really cool. I got to chat with a few of their guys briefly after their race and they were very good dudes. Good luck to you guys this season if you are reading this! We'll be coming back the Olathe Twilight meet every year!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.